CoolBands provide high-performing, hands-free cooling at the base of your head. This positioning cools the blood as it flows towards your brain, where overheating occurs.
On-the-go cooling for sports, leisure, or for the therapeutic relief of migraines and headaches.
- Pre-cool, recovery cool, or active cool
- Therapeutic cooling for migraines + headaches
- On-the-job heat safety: welders, construction trades, etc
- Feng Fu: cooling the base of skull provides relief from stress, anxiety, insomnia, while providing an overall feeling of well being.
Cooling the neck has been shown to help improve performance, reduce sweating, and enhance the feeling of comfort (1,2). Even this small area of the body will yield some surprising benefits from cooling.
Surface cooling depends primarily on how much surface area you can cover, where more is better. However, there are a few small areas on the body which provide unique responses to cooling. The back of your neck is one of those areas. The palms of your hands is another. *Read more about palm cooling in our "CoolCuff" section.
*CoolBands cannot be returned for hygeine purposes.
1. Yang Zhang et al. Cooling on Soccer Performance .Monten. J. Sports Sci. Med. 3 (2014) 1: 17–22
2. Tyler, C. J., and C. Sunderland. Neck Cooling and Running Performance in the Heat Med. Sci. Sports Exerc., Vol. 43, No. 12, pp. 00–00, 2011
3. Ruddock, A. et al (2014). Effect of hand cooling on body temperature, cardiovascular and perceptual responses during recumbent cycling in a hot environment. Journal of Science and Cycling, 3 (2).